• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML moving data on it's own

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One particular DHTML was giving me grief (all other woked just fine... but one is not cooperating).  I had several layers of DHTML's to put in, and on the 4th or 5th layer, RoboHelp would delete all the data in my DHTML link (drop down was still there.. but the page it blank) on the main page, and put in another DHTML (below the original), which would not inclued everything I had in the first one.

I have saved the data line by line to see where the problem takes place, (wondering if there were a specific word that maybe caused this to happen) and I have come up with nothing.  Any suggestions/recommendations if there is a reason behind this?  I need a fix ASAP and am ready to pull out all my hair.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you're using DHTML drop downs in a topic, I've found it's not a good idea to nest them. It's better to have only one level of drop downs then use headings and or topics to break up the information...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Author Care has already offered, may I suggest that from a userability perspective having to click on 5 links to access information in a topic may seriously annoy the user enough to give up. We have very occasionally had two levels of DHML hotspots and even they can cause problems depending on what you put in them. I'd personally follow Author Care's advice where possible.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, userability... Is that the evolved stage of usability

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doh! Pre-coffee response.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp