• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 4 - How do I include the playbar in the movie, rather than below it?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As the title says, how can I have the playbar displayed inside the movie window rather than as a seperate entity below it?

We used Captivate 1 up until recently to make our training videos. We would use the playbar "PresenterSilver" and then insert text boxes into the slides as a sort of guide as to what section the user was currently viewing. We would also use this to show the author and the date. A static image was used as a background also (this was created in Fireworks to look the same as the PresenterSilver background).

This setup worked fine for all our movies. However when we upgraded to Captivate 4 the PresenterSilver skin is no longer there. The playbar is also no longer part of the movie but is below the window.

I was wondering if it possible to include the playbar the way it used to be. If not, then can someone suggest a work-around? I was looking at it earlier and I see that you can use image files as backgrounds around the player. This is not ideal as I think that the images remain static for the entire movie. And we could not have a set image (e.g. Part 1 for slides 1-3, Part 2 for 4-6 etc.) for different slides, it would have to be the same the entire way through. If I am mistaken please let me know.

Thanks for your help,

Eoin.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately Adobe changed the playing field with version 4. You are no longer able to have the playbar occupy part of the main movie.

Please report this as a bug to the development team. The link is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will fill out the bug report now. Do you have any suggestions for a work-around? I suppose it would be possible to split the movie up for each section and then use a specific background image for each of them. I could then set the SWF to play the next section automatically? Bit of a pain but I suppose it could work.

Regards,

Eoin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you try the TOC, new feature in CP4? It shows clearly the progress, you can group slides and it can be used (with proper settings) for navigation by the user. Since TOC appeared, I have almost abandoned the normal playbar. When necessary I insert a button on the slide itself. If you put the TOC in overlay mode, you do not lose any space, in separate mode you have to add 250px horizontally. Since most monitors have widescreen resolution nowadays I prefer having to add space horizontally to vertically (as is the case with the playbar).

Just an idea,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the vast majority of our userbase do not have widescreen monitors and we can't afford to add extra width on. The TOC is a nice idea and will be one we will look at in the future. For now however I will just have to leave the additional information out of the movie.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Note that the TOC provides two different ways of viewing. Fully expanded, or, if you click the Settings... button, you may choose an Overlay style.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources