• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Crashing Also Messes up Pop-Up Windows

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the HHP file to recover the missing topics and fix the TOC.  Everything appeared fine, however, when I compile the WebHelp, the pop-up windows cut off text, which makes the WebHelp useless for users (see example below).  Does anyone have a work around for this fresh heck?

popup.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at Before You Post. It would help to know what version you are using and whether all the patches are applied for that version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in your other thread it is RH8. Have you applied the patch?

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Peter.  I've got RoboHelp Version 8.0.1.204.  I had this version installed a month or so ago.  I had the updates installed earlier in the week, and then noticed this after that.  Of course, I had the missing topics issue as well that called for me to open via the HHP file.  I could be wrong, but the timing suggests this is related to RoboHelp 8 project crashing issue that you've been discussing this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is another thread about popup issues after the patch.

First backup the project then try uninstalling the patch. You will see 8.0.1 listed separately, that is all you need to uninstall.

Open the project and regenerate. Problem fixed?

Report back what happens. I realise you may well want the patch installed for other reasons. This is just about identifying the cause.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the other thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2371856#2371856

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me.  When I go into Add/Remove, it appears as though I can only remove RB 8.  My only option (see image below) is to Remove all installed components, which I believe would remove RB 8 from my PC in its entirety.  I don't see a "Refresh" button in this Add/Remove program that you referenced.  Unfortunately, it doesn't list the updates seperately.  If I do remove RB 8, I'll be forced to contact the IT dept to have them do the re-install.

Since this occurred in the same timeframe as the RB 8 crashing last week, for which you mentioned Adobe is working on DLLs, I'm wondering if I should perhaps wait for Adobe's updated DLLs before I deal with de-installing/re-installing.

Remove.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That should only remove 8.0.1 and that has been my experience. Press F5 to refresh.

I offer no guarantees, I just report the way I have been told it should work and the way I have found it does work. Your mileage may vary!

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp