Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i ship afm fonts downloaded from adobe with my application

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am new to fonts and other stuffs related to fonts.

I am trying to creates some pdf document with iText(A pdf generation tool).

I am using some afm font files for supporting fonts.

My problem is;

When i load those afm files , entries gets overlapped. ie ...if a entry has value "test" then all the characters are overlapped in pdf. After some initial analysis i found that my afm files were missing an "Entry -EncodingScheme ".

When i manually put this entry "EncodingScheme StandardEncoding or AdobeStandardEncoding" in afm file ,all works fine.

But there are so many afm files and i cannot do it manually for all fonts as i got to know that this entry - "EncodingScheme" varies for font to font.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

I got a link over internet on adobe site..where a lots of afm files are available to download. I checked one or more files from there and they had the above mentioned entry in them.

My question is if i download afm files from adobe download link then can i ship them with my application or do i require some license for shipping them with my application.

Please reply it soon..

Regards,

Sachin

TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Request you to tell me where can i get the required information.

Regards,

Sachin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines