• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should be done with broken links (at least 100)

Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you supposed to do with broken links.  I've got over a hundred.  If I right-click and select 'Restore' it doesn't seem to do anything.  And there seems to be no other action other than to view the link or find the references.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Before You Post, particularly the bit about edition and version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't know where I'm supposed to go to look for edition and versions info. On the forum and search on edition or search on versions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What my colleague is trying to steer you toward is the list of "Sticky Topics" you should see near the top of each forum category. In this area you should see a link to a "Before You Post" topic. These are designed to help you obtain a faster answer. Of course, this assumes you actually read them.

Click here to visit the Before You Post topic

tmp1.png

What is missing from the picture here is that we need to know what version and flavor of RoboHelp you are using before anyone can fathom a guess as to what is wrong. It's a bit like calling a garage and asking the mechanic why your engine is making an odd noise. What kind of car? What is the engine? Or calling a doctor and asking why you hurt. Where do you hurt? When did it start hurting?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word. RH8 or RH7 or earlier?

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8.

Also, as a strategy to clean up the project, I am beginning a second project and re-importing all topics into it. Could this be a helpful strategy? I read that recommendation in one of the threads.

Thanks!

Mitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is beginning to sound like the RH8 bug that's been causing a lot of problems lately inlcuding broken links and missing folders in the project view.

See the announcements at the top of RoboHELP HTML and also RoboHelp persistent crash.

Until the new DLLs are available it wouldn't hurt to set RH to re-build CPD every time a project is opened as detailed in the posts referred to above.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've actually upgraded to 8.0.1 and installed the new dll's (unofficial version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying 8.0.1 and after installing the new unofficial DLLs, you may still have broken links.

That is covered in the instructions that were in the zip file with the DLLs.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! I see that is not working.

Take a look at Tools > Reports > Unused Files. Are there topics showing there that should be in Project Manager?

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Help > About menu to tell you the specific pxxx version of RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp