• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename default TOC?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new RoboHelp project, say MyHelp, you automatically get a TOC called "myHelp (default)" and and index named "myHelp (default)".

How do you rename these?

I've tried opening their properities, but In RH7 HTML, if you select either the TOC or Index and select Edit>Properities, RH7 crashes.

Also, does anyone know how to duplicate an entire TOC or Index?

Thanks,

- Thom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Thom

Actually RoboHelp 7 makes this easy.

For starters, you may rename the entire project (which would in turn, rename the TOC, Index and all associated files) by clicking File > Rename Project.

To Duplicate a TOC structure, click View > Pods > Project Manager
Expand the Table of Contents pseudo folder
Double-click the existing Table of Contents
Ensure the new pod is wide enough to see all the icons across the top. There should be a total of 10 icons
Click the last icon in the list and a dialog titled "Select TOC" should appear
Click New
Type a name and click the "Copy existing Table of Contents" check box
Click the ellipsis ( ... ) button
Choose the existing TOC and click Open
Click OK

I'm not sure why you would want to duplicate the Index, but essentially the same steps I just listed for the TOC should work for that as well.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
First, "you may rename the project", ok, big "duuuhhhhh" on my part, I don't know why I didn't think of that, I guess that was obvious, but thanks for not pointing that out!

And thanks for the thanks for the help on duplicating the TOC and Index. The option to copy an existing TOC (or index) was buried deep enough in the dialogs that I don't feel too bad on that one.

FYI, I need to duplicate TOCs, Indexes, and Glossaries because I'm single-sourcing a help project for a product hierarchy where the high-end product (that we first built topics for) is a super-set of the lesser-products. So, I just need to duplicate the TOC, etc, for the other products, and cut out the topics that aren't appropriate.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp