Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cap 4 Corrupts on image drag and drop

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have run into a very frustrating problem with Cap 4. I will be working along creating slides then when I drag and drop a JPEG image into the movie:

1. the timeline on that side disappears 2.the project corrupts and will not save or open previously saved project.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try first saving the image, then using the Insert > Image menu command. See if that results in better behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, I tried that and when I click on the Insert>image the entire slide timeline disappears and nothing else happens. I know from past experience if I just close the project it will reopen at the same point. If I save the project at this point it will not open, I believe this is where is is being corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you are using CMYK based images? I have had similar experiences when wrongfully importing CMYK formatted JPG images into Captivate. If that is the case then recode them to RGB JPG and it should work.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael,

Is there an easy way to tell how a JPG is formatted?

Regards

Bill

William Hanner

Flight Ops LMS Administrator

Curriculum Developer

Pinnacle Airlines

901-348-2445

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by any chance have Adobe Bridge? Color Mode is visible in the Metadata of the picture. This is of course also the case in bitmap processing software such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have Photoshop, I will look into it.

Bill

William Hanner

Curriculum Developer

Pinnacle Airlines

901-348-2445

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, Color Mode in Photoshop is found under Image, Mode. It is also directly visible in the Channels panel (CMYK has 4 channels, RGB has three).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Good, Thanks I found it and all the pictures are RGB.

Bill

William Hanner

Curriculum Developer

Pinnacle Airlines

901-348-2445

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiring minds want to know. Did changing the format resolve the issue?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

The format did not have to be changed, it was RGB color mode. So this is not the cause of the problem.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered all of the pictures were RGB, so that does not appear to be the problem. I am not sure where the corruption originates but I am bracketing the project production to see if I can isolate the problem. The first symptom is the whole timeline disappears; the project is corrupt at this point.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Bill

William Hanner

Curriculum Developer

Pinnacle Airlines

901-348-2445

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill,

I tried using drag & drop to add images in Captivate today and I didn't encounter any specific problems. It does however seem like the images are bigger in size (kb) when adding images like this.

The answer from ScottPakis in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/510007?tstart=0 gave me an idea - could you check how many dpi your images are? I have had problems with images with 300 dpi so perhaps that could be your problem. They should be 72 dpi, which is the standard web format.

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took way to long to reply so Lilibiry and you had already sorted it out ;o)

Well.. I had hoped your images would have been CMYK because that would have been an easy fix then.

At the moment I don't have any idea of why this is happening to you. Will try and do some experiments here myself.

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources