• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending FAX using eFax

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eFax has an option where you can send a fax to any number by sending an email to 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx@efaxsend.com from your registered email address. I have been successful in sending Word attachments and also PDF attachments. They have a list of recognizable file formats - off which HTML is one. I have tried sending a CF generated HTML file both as an attachment and also as the body of the email - these never seems to go thur. I know I should be asking this question with the eFAX folks - they are not very helpful. Thought I would put it out here - in case anyone has a solution. Thanks much!!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try sending same html email to a regular email address to see if
it comes through at all?
it is usually a bit trickier to make an html email that works than an
html page...

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a second thought, does ANYTHING emailed with cfmail get through?

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - we have been sending HTML formatted emails for a while now. My fax machine broke - and we have an efax account - got me thinking :)
Meanwhile - I have made some progress - did a little bit of searching on their website and realized that they require the Base HREF tag in the file. So I created a HTML test file and it went thru' just fine. Now working to get CFM to save a HTML file and then attach it to CFMAIL. Will get back here in a minute. Thanks, Azadi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save html file as .html then open it in browser and see if it is ok. In sending html files, all you need to do is attached the saved html files. How to save html file? Open it in a brower (firefox or IE) then hit "ctrl S" there you go, you can save now html files. Some efax service providers provide fax software to manipulate easily your fax. They also provide user interface site for you to view, send and recieve faxes. Ive been using RingCentral for years. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation