Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Image field issues in Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Former Community Member
Hello All,

When I create an image field in Adobe Designer (I'm creating some interactive forms), the field does not end up being the exact size I specify. It is very important to me that the end size be precise, but Designer seems to allow some border instead of filling the extents I have specified. In other words, the image someone inserts into the image field ends up being a little smaller than it should be. This is very frustrating, and I have to try to compensate for this glitch by specifying image field dimensions that are larger than what I want. (This is not a problem of my not specifying scale to fit, or stretch to fit; when I do this, the image is still too small.)

Another question I have is this: Why doesn't Adobe allow vector graphics to be imported into Designer? I am forced to convert my vector graphics to raster images to bring them into Adobe Designer. Designer doesn't even accept a PDF image, which I find ironic.

This is a super super urgent project work I am doing..

Please help..

Dimitri
12 Replies

Former Community Member
I'm having the same problem. What's the trick?

Thanks.

Former Community Member
Please help.

Once again:

When I create an image field in Adobe Designer 7, the field does not end up being the exact size specified. I'm sure there must be a hint.

Thank you!

Former Community Member
I'm having the same image proportion problem. Regardless of the setting I apply to the image field object and the size of the field, the form always skews the image to fit the dimension of the field. Any help is appreciated.

Former Community Member
Skip

I'm having the same problem as well. I think it might be part of importing a PDF as background artwork.

When I use a template the image field works perfectly. But when I try to set an image field on my document, it skews. There must be a step I am missing but I don't know what it is.

Sarah

Former Community Member
Has anyone found a solution to the image proportion problem? Is this user-error or a bug? If it's error, then I'm doing the same thing wrong that some of you have. :)

Former Community Member
I never found a solution and eventually gave up in frustration. Sorry ...

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I guess this problem was a bug which was resolved in Reader 9 so if you Scal;; Image Proportionately it should not skew anymore.

Regards

Norbert

Level 2

Nope, nothing got fixed.  Similar issues here with Adobe Pro 8.0 and 9.0, image fields just don't work properly.  Either the aspect ratio is screwed up, or the anchor position is being ignored.

Haven't seen a fix yet.

Markus

Level 1

Better too late than never!

Here's an answer that I got today about this "bug":

"It seesm to be related to the setting "Use Original Size". If it is initially set at that setting the picture gets messed up and cannot recover. If I use Fit to Rectangle it seems OK ...then I can change it at will."

Weird.

Level 1

The "Fit To Rectangle" hint doesn't work on my form. Did anybody find a solution for this rather annoying problem?

Level 1

I'm also having this issue, except the image field is working in Reader 9.  The image still skews in Reader 8 though, even if I select 'Scale Proportionally'.  Any ideas?  Kind of annoying if the solution is to make your users upgrade to Reader 9. 

Level 1

I'm a little late to this party - but when you bring your document in you can't bring it in as a "fixed" document - it has to be flowable (you may lose your artwork) but you can add it again in livecyle.