Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User defined variable in text caption problem

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate4 user

When I place the user defined variable in the text caption box, the entire wordings is in the box is not there, except for the design/color of the box. When I remove the user defined variable in the text caption box, the wordings in the box appears again! HELP please!!!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might sound crazy, but I think just resizing your caption might reveal the text which you feel are missing!

I have actually 'faced' something like that!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly that won't work.

In the text caption box the text is for example " hello  $$textentry1$$", even when i preview/publish I cannot see that entire caption....not even the word "Hello".

But if I remove the "$$textentry1$$", the "Hello" reappears..

Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please insert a screen capture of exactly what you are seeing? Or possibly attach a zipped up version of your .CP file so that we may see first hand.

I would agree with t800v100 in that likely the caption just needs to be resized somewhat larger in order to fully see everything.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just another idea: does the value of your variable contain any 'combination characters' just like 'ù, é; ÿ..'. This causes problems with the rest of the text in the caption (bug in CP4).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks all, I fixed the problem by re-installing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources