Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creation of Topics in RoboHelp 7

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to generate Help file out of word document through robohelp 7.0. The problem is the topics do not get separated as per headings. Like say for example, the heading style ( outlining level ) goes like this:

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3..so on ..

When I import the  document, I check options to create different topics based on Headings, I check heading 1 , 2 and 3. However, after generating the final output, the first 3 levels in bold are organised correctly, however, the next level 1 Topic and topic levels thereafter are not separated into separate pages, it continues along with the Topic marked level 3 as a continous section.

Has anybody encountered this problem before. Or do i have to bookmark my topics ? Is there any setting that I need to do in Word or the tool ?

I am not sure about this, looking forward to more inputs on this.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pallavi.

Do you have your styles mapped correctly? Check out this link.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I have mapped them corectly. By Style u mean the Heading and outline right? If yes, I have done it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is right. Your word document has styles associated with it and your RoboHelp project has a style sheet that controls the way in which styles are created. You need to map the styles so that they appear the way you want.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have set the styles within word. Through Robo Help, do I set it through the default css which gets created? Say for paragraph, Map Heading 1 to Heading 1 and so on.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Thanks a ton for the inputs. I should get it right this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp