• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popup call changes ToC highlight.

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH8 HTML under XP to generate CHM. No source control, no network drives.

In a project I have the settings:
SingleSourceLayouts>HTMLHelp>Properties>Advanced>TOCstyles>AlwaysShowSelection

SSL_advanced_ToC.png

Project>Windows>Properties>AutoSynchronizeToC

WindowProps.png

These settings mean that the user can always see his position highlighted in the ToC.

The ToC contains several books, each containing several topics; some topics are included in several books. Various topics call other topics as popups. The popup topics are not in any ToC.

When the user displays one of the popups, the ToC resynchronises (in my test project) to the _next_ ToC entry; thus from BookA Topic 1 to BookB Topic 1, from BookB to BookC. BookC behaves properly (but this would probably change if I created BookD). Regular links, browse sequences and the Back button are also `unstable' with respect to ToC synchronisation.

I'm no guru but I could see nothing special in the HTM, HHP and HHC files.

My test project is 810kB zipped and contains no sensitive information.

Has anyone advice or tips?

--- Derek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurred to me that there's no reason not to post the test project, if some kind soul would like to help me. It's just a zip of the whole project; you may need to adjust the address for the SSL, but the rest should be portable.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek - what happens if you keep the Synch settings and deselect "Always show selection"? If you open a topic from the TOC, go to a popup that isn't in the TOC, and then take a quick hyperlink to another topic in the TOC, does the highlight do what you expect?

I can see where the project gets confused when the selection isn't in the TOC, though like you, I would expect the highlight to stay where it was instead of moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea Elisa. Sadly it doesn't help; the selected topic is not highlighted in the ToC, but the `wrong' book from the ToC springs open. I didn't text exhaustively, but it looks to be the same behaviour as before.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I selected a Binary ToC

BinaryToC.png

and that helped considerably. The highlight now remains during a popup, but calling a topic via a regular hyperlink always highlights the _first_ entry in the ToC. Unfortunately I read somewhere that you can't use a Binary ToC with merged CHMs. S-I-G-H ! ! ! (or does somebody know a workaround?)

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp