• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge color suddenly changed in captured slides

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate 4. I recently completed a series of Captivate simulations, all of which appear to have a black edge.

Today I was making some tweaks to the simulations and recorded some new slides. The new slides appear to have a blue edge (matches the menubar of the captures). They also are of a slightly different size. I tried re-recording and had same result. See JPGs of Captivate slides below:blackedge.jpg

blueedge.jpg

I did not (knowingly?) make any changes to the Captivate settings. I used the same computer resolution and theme. I don't know what determines the edge color. I thought that Captivate 4 used a black edge, so I'm not sure what's going on.The border settings and skins are identical between the versions with black and version with blue orders, as are the record settings.

I'm rather puzzled by this. Any suggestions? Thank you!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification - the new captures do not have an added blue edge. They just don't have an edge added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps you just need to adjust the slide quality? You might try selecting all the slides with the black edge, then right-click and choose a different video quality.

However, I suppose it would be helpful to know whether you see the black edge in the editor. Additionally, what mode of recording was used? (Slide-by-slide) or Full Motion capture?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

I tried changing the video quality and it made no difference (currently set to High Quality).

Yes, the black edge shows up in the editor and is still there in the published files. I'm okay with the black edge - it looks fine. I just want consistency. Since I have about 20 simulations with a black edge, and I'm working on the final one for a single project, I'd like the most recent captures to have the edge, rather than having to mess with the previous simulations.

I use slide-by-slide recording.

I have Captivate on my home and work PC, and I get the black border on my home PC, but not on my work PC. Conversely, my husband gets the black edge on his work but not his home PC. However, I USED to get the edge on my work PC. (And, I cannot do the recordings from my home PC because they are for an application on my company's Intranet, which I can only access from my work PC.)  All are version 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, and both home and work PC are Captivate 4.0, Build 1596.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Most interesting situation. Not one I recall ever seeing here before.

Admittedly, I'm stumped. I'm inclined to believe it's got something to do with graphics and/or color settings. (Number of colors configured for the OS, graphics effects, etc)

I'm assuming here that when you view the systems that seem to produce the black edge, that the windows appear with no black edge? There isn't by chance a Highlight Box surrounding the window is there? What does the Timeline show for the affected slides?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. No, there is no black edge or highlight around the regular window. It's something that only shows up in the Captivate slides. It shows up immediately in the slides after capture, on every slide. I think I noticed the change once I upgraded to Captivate 4, and I assumed it was just a feature of the new version of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queue theme from "The Twilight Zone" here...

I'm at a total loss.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway.

So is anybody else getting this black edge using Captivate 4? It's a little strange that I am seeing this on both computers, and that two of my colleages at work also get the black edge on their captures, yet nobody else does. Is there anybody else there getting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a captivate issue.  This issue happens when the company your working for sends out updates for Windows.  Some of the updates also reset or change you windows defaults. This will happen when you are browsing the web too.  As a web site devleoper I can send an applet to you computer that will reset your default settings so My web page can display as I say. 

Most advance web developers do not do this to you anymore however there are un-trusted sites that do.

The only fix is to make sure you do a reset of you windows settings.  You might also ask you company tech to check the resent updates for this issue.  For example if you installed the google toolbar lately this happened.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Irish_pepper. I ended up installing the Adobe e-Learning Suite (which includes Captivate) on my work computer, and with the reinstatallation, the black outline started appearing again. Since this is consistent with all my other captures, I'm happy with it.

If I run into the problem again, I'll try resetting my Windows settings. Can you tell me how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources