Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RDS Character encoding

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am using version 1 build 253229 of Coldfusion Builder. I am accessing my file via RDS on a remote Server running CF MX 6.1 and Apache 2. I was wondering, what character encoding is being used for transfering data, since my files have all missing special characters (Umlauts, etc.) - they just appear as blocks (non displayable character).

How can I change that behavoir? Shall I change the Apache config to deliver the files UTF-8 encoded or can I adjust the RDS-plugin of Coldfusion builder?

Thanks for your help!

Nils

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it's either a RDS, CFB or Apache issue. I just was successfully able to open a UTF-8 file no worries be it via my Apache server config or my JWX one.  And via the normal navigator pane too.

Can you attach a file you're having problems with to this thread so I can test it?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

thanks for your reply. The file is not UTF-8 encoded, it must be ANSI. I have checked: Apache delivers UTF-8 (at least via normal browser request). So this could be the problem? Shall I change the Apache to deliver ISO encoded? I guess I give it a try

See attached file.

Best wishes,

Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to confirm: RDS stuffs that file for me too.

I reckon raise a bug for it if you haven't already.

http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation