Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I fix "Invalid node type: selectionbox" error?

Level 2

Ok I've got my document all made and nice and pretty, I use it to enter information and use the selection box to make visible the fields I need for each card. Then I save it and try to open it and get the following error popup message.

Invalid node type: selectionbox

Message limit exceeded. Remaining 10 errors not reported.

So I click ok on the error box. It opens the file with adobe reader like it's supposed to and then immediately I get the "Adobe reader has stopped working, windows can check online for a solution to the problem" and I get the two choices that both involve closing the program.

I got this once before and after about a half hour of fiddling with the original livecycle file it stopped doing it. I have no idea what I did to make it start or stop doing it and I'm not sure I even did do anything to cause it.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

I've included the file I'm having issues with.

Thanks,

Aaron

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Aaron,

I cant replicate your problem. What I did notice though, is when I make a selection on almost every selection box,  I get the following error:

'cardtwo.TextField1 has no properties'. The error is coming from the following piece of code in the change event: 'cardtwo.TextField1.caption.text.value = (this.rawValue);'

I dont see a TextField1 in the cardtwo subform so I suspect that this field has been renamed and / or moved since that bit of code was added. Perhaps that would be a good place to start and could very possibly be the cause of your problem.

Dallas

Level 2

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out tonight and see whether that fixes my problem. Either way it was definitely a lost bit of code that isn't necesary any longer. I had deleted it from one of the selection boxs but forgot the other 3. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

Aaron