• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change Project Name That Displays on Web Browser Tabs

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 7, how can we specify the exact text that displays on web browser tabs for our Webhelp projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't, as far as I know.

What appears there on most web sites such as mine is the topic title and that changes as you move from page to page, as does the address bar at the same time. With webhelp you will notice the address bar never changes as the topic is in a frame within the page. Because the address is static, so is the tab.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what my esteemed colleague Peter has advised, have you tried clicking File > Rename Project and changing the name in the field provided?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using RoboHelp HTML, v. 8.0.1.204. I created an online help project for a new product, and then a few weeks later Product Mgmt changed the product name.  I did the Rename Project command, and it appears to have renamed files correctly. However, when I launch the compiled online help system, the browser tab still shows the old project name. How can I change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much - that was exactly what I needed to do.  I must have looked everywhere BUT there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp