Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I find the cause of Submit Service exceptions?

Level 1

I have been getting errors after I enabled a submit service.

The service is attached to an input xfaDocument variable.

I have mapped the variables as suggested in other threads (user agent and submitted content etc.), but I still get the stacktrace below.

After looking up this error in the problem resolution guide, it says fix the issue note in the "caused by" section, but that isn'y showing up in my log.

Should I be looking somewhere else?

2009-11-12 16:43:27,449 WARN  [com.adobe.workspace.tasks.com.adobe.workspace.tasks.DocumentSubmitServlet] ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service.  Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service.  Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
    at com.adobe.workspace.AssemblerUtility.createMessageException(AssemblerUtility.java:384)
    at com.adobe.workspace.tasks.DocumentSubmitServlet.doPost(DocumentSubmitServlet.java:230)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1459.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
    at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
    at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)
    at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:283)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilterChain.java:56)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:185)
    at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.doFilter(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.java:138)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor412.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:218)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilterChain.java:56)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:185)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor332.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:218)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

4 Replies

Level 10

What Submit service are you using? What you could do is enable record and playback and check where it fails in that service.

Jasmin

Level 1

I am using the Foundation submit PDF service.  I did try to record (running my process from the workspace), but nothing shows up in the playback list.  I suspect it is crashing before it even gets into my process.   I also tried to to invoke from the workbench, but I'm not quite sure what to use for the input variables: user agent, target URL, environment buffer, submitted content, so the error was empty environment buffer.  I don't think that is whats happening at runtime from the workspace.  Forgive me if I sound really off, bit I've only been working with LiveCycle for a few weeks and everything is very new to me.  Thanks for your quick reply.

Level 10

You want to use the render and submit service from the Process Management category and not Foundation.

Jasmin

Level 1

Ok, I inserted the render and submit service from process management and got the same stacktrace.  The first thing I do in the process is a "log variables" and nothing except the stack makes it to the log.  When I turn the record on and the exception is thrown, the playback reports the process has not been recorded.  Since niether of these appear, I think I'm not even getting into my process.  I'm thinking that the workspace isn't even loading my process after I click the complete button.  Does that sound right?