• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2007 and RoboHelp HTML 8

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been asked to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007.  I've checked the forums but all of the discussions were dealing with older versions of RH. Has anyone had issues using Robohelp HTML 8 with Office 2007?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

If you never have to use RH for Word or import or export to Word files then this is a non-issue. Even if you have to any of these things RH8 has been tested using Office 2007. It might be best if you outline a few specific instances whereby you need to integrate RH8 with Office 2007, download the trial and have a play. It is fair to say that the takeup of Office 2007 is less than Office 2003 and that not all RH users use the interface with Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you never have to use RH for Word or import or export to Word files then this is a non-issue. Even if you have to any of these things RH8 has been tested using Office 2007. It might be best if you outline a few specific instances whereby you need to integrate RH8 with Office 2007, download the trial and have a play. It is fair to say that the takeup of Office 2007 is less than Office 2003 and that not all RH users use the interface with Word.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "takeup"?

"It is fair to say that the takeup of Office 2007 is less than Office 2003..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "takeup" I meant the number of sites upgrading to Office 2007 over Office 2003.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Office 2007 where I am, and it works fine with RH 8 HTML

Of course I have had issues with publishing and the way that some output has been displayed, but these are more bugs on the RH side  I think, and they've been reported as bugs. The issues were to do with lists and number styles and problems with indents.

Also, importing docx files worked fine.

Keep in mind also you can publish to either .docx, or .doc as well.

If you have specific questions fire away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use the single source layouts tool to generate Word docs from the help and then publish as PDF.

We occasionally import word files into topics.

I see in the GUI that RH8 will import docx files and export docx files as printed documentation. Thanks for pointing that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any issues to be aware of during the upgrade from 2003 to 2007?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None that I'm aware of, and would be surprised if there were any. Office 2007 has been out for a while now so I'd imagine its been pretty streamlined.

I've found importing both .doc and .docx to be pretty straight forward, and as long as your styles are setup properly, and mapped properly you shouldnt have too much trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp