Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Published output missing TOC

Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from x5 to RH7 with Server 7.
I generate WebHelp Pro content.
There are some topics in my project that are flagged "Version 2" and a few lines at the text level are also flagged "Version 2". None of the TOC books are flagged with any build tags.
When I generate the project with the coniditional build tag set to "Not Verion 2" (meaning it should generate all topics and content that is not flagged version 2) -the generated output shows the TOC - and then if I take it all the way to the publish step - the published output does not show the TOC .

If I generate and publish with the conditional build tag "Version 2" (basically meaning it should include all content) - then I can see the TOC in the generated and published output.

(Side note: I also have build takes for Online and Print - but these are rarely used and do not seem to be involved in the problem described above.)

I am viewing the output in IE7 - but since I can see the TOC in the generated output and not in the published output - I think the problem is not with the browser.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To resolve the problem I went through each topic and turned off the Topic-Level Build Tag - then republished. I did this until I found the file that was preventing the TOC from displaying. Then I replaced that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp