• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any problems reported after RH 8.01 upgrade?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone is experiencing any problems after applying the 8.01 upgrade? I use RoboHelp HTML and the Link-to-Word feature, and ever since downloading the upgrade (a couple of days ago), it seems that I can't do more than a few changes (delete, link, generate, upgrade) without getting the "Adobe has encountered a problem..." message, and my changes are lost. Granted, I did just move some folders around and had to re-link folders, but I've never had this kind of trouble in the past. At this point, I'm unable to get my topics back without eventually encountering a shut-down with all changes lost..again.

It could be just a coincidence...not sure. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem and the upgrade are coincidental. See the announcement on the RH HTML forum.

Given what you say about moving folders, that seems the more likely cause.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for your reply. Do I understand it correctly that the fix to the DLL related bug was NOT part of the 8.01 upgrade and for the time being the only way around it is to use your pre-release versions?

If so, is there any indication how long Adobe's internal testing will take? Difficult question, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 801 patch was finalised before the folderbug issue was identified, so no the DLLs are not included.

The answer to your question is easy, no idea and even if I did I would have to kill you, not a good end to the week.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa...back away from the trigger. That's what I get for asking an impossible question to answer.

Thanks for pointing out the bug--enjoy your weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2009 Nov 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL - So now we know why the Adobe logo is scarlet red and all!

tmp1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp