Unable to Open a .tif file

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open .pdf's fine. I'm using 9.0
OS - Vista Ultimate
Have admin rights

just can't open a .tif file, says the file is corrupt, but others can open it with no problem using the same 9.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they can open a .tif file then they are not using Adobe Reader. They "may" be using Adobe Acrobat or any number of other applications.

Reader only opens .pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is adobe reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader can't open TIFF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens .tiff files for others and I was able to before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with Reader you weren't. Honest. It does not now nor never has opened .tif files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2008 Nov 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let the others open a TIFF file and tell us what they can see in the menu 'Help'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem ++++.. I'm on a new computer w/vista. I am starting a business, that required me to install a cd packed w/ files. PDF..

So I upload them to my adobe.com.

It's fine, I see them. But I try to save them as a printable file in my microsoft notebook.

I open the notebook click the file. And I get the messeage!  And I can't seem to extract anything on the buzzowrd!

Also, I have attached the file. That I'm trying to save in my doc. as a printable version plain text!

If anyone one has a sugguestion. Please enail me paintdc@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into a similar problem with outlook and Adobe Reader.  When recieving an attachment with a Tiff file the computer tried to open the file in Adobe reader and reader threw up the error message shown in this thread.  I reinstalled outlook and adobe and check to make sure that windows file association was setup correctly.  Finally I browsed to the folder in outlook where attachements are stored.  For more information look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817878

I browsed to that folder and Tiff files were associated with Adobe reader in that folder.  Once I fixed the association problem the attachments opened up in outlook without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines