• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox 3

Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Ffx 3 today in Win XP environment.

For WebHelp output from RH 7 (including updates), basic functions look OK, including TOC, Index and Search. (Probably Glossary, too, but haven't tried.)

Haven't tried Show/Hide in the topic window.

If anyone has problems, please post.

Thanks.

Harvey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been running Firefox 3 all week and no problems. Tested about 10 different projects. Some are WebHelp and some are FlashHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned in this thread, I am having some problems with Webhelp in Firefox, both in v2 and v3 (although v3 does seem to be a step in the right direction). I realize that this is due mainly to a script change that I implemented, but the inconsistency of showing and hiding the nav pane, failure to underline links on hover, and the inclusion of the address bar (even though it's suppressed fine in IE and Safari) are bothersome. I also understand that IE isn't the best platform to base my system on, but it is the de facto standard and it does do everything I have asked of it. Safari does also have other issues as well.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can refine your script so Firefox will handle it the way you want.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on that.

I've definitely narrowed the navigation pane problems to that script. The hyperlink underline and address bar issues I have yet to approach. I have never worked with Firefox (or Safari) before, so I'm pretty much operating on trial-and-error. If I can find a solution, I'll post it.

Chris

EDIT: I found some "features" I hadn't known about in Firefox (and also Safari and IE 7) and posted them in a small table in the other thread here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Mentioned this in my thread, WebHelp Navigation Pane Killed by FireFox 3.

WebHelp seems to be broken in Macintosh + FireFox 3.
My engineers are filing bugs and the code freeze is this Wednesday.

Thanks,
Katherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp