• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with white space

Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2009 Nov 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove all the white space created in the HTML by CF processes. I did have this working ok with

<cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="true">

But now I'm noticing it's not longer working, I know I saw it working!

I'm outputting a string to the HTML, such as ABCDEFG, I don't want any white space from the queries above it, and yet I'm getting a significant amount of white space/line breaks.

I also tried <cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="true"> but this did not do the trick

The only way is to set the CFadmin to supress white space, but that's fine on local dev, however I use a shared server where I can't control the CFadmin settings and it's not switched on

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2009 Nov 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other things you can use are <cfsilent>, <cfprocessingdirective> and making sure all your functions are specifically set to output="false".

Custom tags are particularly bad at generating output, so it's vital to put <cfsilent> around as much of the tag code as possible.

What do your hosting providers have against switching whitespace management as a matter of course, anyhow?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation