• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find missing images in RoboHelp 7

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 7. I love the "Broken Links" feature under the Project Manager. Is there a similar way to find missing images throughout the files in the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite the same but they will show in the relevant folder with a red X against them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? When I open the folder in the Project Manager, I should see an X with the image name? I only see the links and not the missing images. Do I have to turn something on to see them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Project Files where all your topics are listed. Depending on which view you use, the images used will show in the topic folders or the Images "folder". If an image is missing, it will still be shown but with an X next to it.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH! Now I see the red X's in View->Pods->File Status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's easier than that.

projectmanager.jpg

If an image is in the project, it shows as above where the images are in the root. Otherwise it will show in the folder to which you have saved it.

It shows  for as long as there is a link to the image from a topic. If the image gets deleted, it will still show but because it is missing, it will also show a red X.

If an image is in a folder but there is no link to it, it is not missing so it will not show, with or without a red X. However, such images can be traced via Tools > Reports > Unused Files.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the Images folder to appear? It's not in my Project Manager view.

myprojectmanager.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might not have one. That is a folder I created for images that can be used anywhere in the project. I keep other images in the folder where they are used.

If you click the left icon in Project Manager, the display will change to the traditional view. There you will see a folder called Images but it is not a folder you will find in Windows Explorer. Below it you will see your folder structure repeated and below each folder you will see just the images. The new view, click again, lets you see all files in the folder.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it - I clicked the Show/Hide Files icon and got the Images folder!

4peter.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two elements to this.

The icon to the left of the one you show controls whether you have the traditional view or the new view.

This is the new view, it shows the topics and images in one folder in the same way the Windows Explorer sees it.

imagesnew.jpg

Here images are shown separately even though on your hard disk they are in the same folder.

imagestraditional.jpg

The icon you point to sets whether images are shown in either view.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp