• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 Folder Bug

Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am repeating the current Announcement that is on http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_html so that the information gets to those who follow by email.

If you have questions specific to your project, please create a new thread. Thank you.

Recently, a number of RoboHelp 8 users have reported projects crashing and on re-opening their projects, they have found missing folder/files and broken links. Adobe have identified the cause of the problem and have modified two DLLs that will be released after their internal testing procedures have been completed and documented.

I have tested pre-release versions of the DLLs and they seem to have corrected the behaviour of my own projects. If you wish to try using these pre-release versions of the DLLs, you are free to do so, but please understand it is at your own risk as they are not official Adobe released DLLs. The final versions may be different if Adobe's testing identifies the need for further changes.

Subject to your acceptance of that, please email me with a copy to John Daigle if you would like to try using these pre-release DLLs. It is important that you include both addresses to minimise delays caused by time zone differences. Your email message must contain the acknowledgement that you understand and accept the risks that go with using untested software. If the message does not contain this confirmation, don't expect to see a reply!

Click here  to email us. Please add your name to the email that will be generated.

We aim to reply within 24 hours. If you have not received a reply within that time, check your email confirmed  your acceptance of all risks from using untested software, then assume your firewall has blocked my our reply message and contact us again.

Peter Grainge
www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All seems to be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any indication of when an official release will be coming out for this bug? If its soon, then I can wait, however if it's going to be in a completely new release, i.e 8.0.2, then I, and I'm sure many others, will need to pick up the pre-release files.

Thanks, Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know but hopefully we will hear something soon.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp