Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issue with CFImage

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using CFImage to generate price tags that my customer will print out and then display in their store. This allows them to have price tags that match the online store prices.

Currently, generating a price tag drives the server usage up to about 50% and it takes about 5 seconds to generate each price tag. I see this because I can see the jrun.exe process in the Task Manager. Does anyone have an idea of what is normal for performance when using CFImage? Any ideas about how to optimize the code so that it takes less CPU or completes more quickly? We've had numerous problems in the past when the jrun.exe was already high and the client selected about 5 tickets to be generated: this would cause the jrun.exe to max at 99% and to just hang.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it definitely the <cfimage> line that is taking all the time, or is it the rest of the logic on the template?  Have you isolated it to the <cfimage> tag in particular?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The last time I looked the <cfimage> tag generates temporary images down under the JRun root directory. You might want to make sure you are not having disk I/O issues or size issues on the drives JRun is on. You might also want to demo the imageCR3 tag from Efflare as I personally think it does a better job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation