Expand my Community achievements bar.

Entering variable-length lists in a Form Guide

Level 2

Hi,

I'm creating a Form Guide to capture user input, and the Guide is backed by a DataModel.  One of the DataModel entities has a field, OWNERS, of type string[].  I want to allow the user to enter a list of String values that can be used to populate this field - however, i'm struggling to see which Control Type will allow me to do this.

Ideally, the input would look like a text field (for the first entry in the collection) followed by 2 buttons - '+' and '-'.  Clicking on the '+' button would add a new text field underneath the first one to allow for the entry of a second entry, etc.  The UI doesn't necessarily need to be as rich as this - but I do need some way of allowing the user to insert a variable length list.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Craig

3 Replies

Level 10

Use dynamic table in xdp form.

Create a table with one row (which contains a TextField)

On click event of the button event, add new instance of the row.

Hope this will work.

-Nith

Level 2

Thanks Nith, but just to be clear - i'm talking about using an ES2 Form Guide here, not a PDF/XDP form.  Is there a way of adding a dynamic table to a Form Guide, or am I going to have to get my hands dirty with FlexBuilder?

Regards,

Craig

Level 10

There are two ways:

1. Desinging XDP Forms and convert the XDP form into Form Guide using Guide Builder available in Workbench

2. Creating your own flex application in Flex builder and deploy in livecycle.

For #1: Try to use my previous logic (dynamic table).

For #2: You can make use of repeater control in flex to do this.

-Nith