Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error - problem in ehlpdhtm.js?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm using RoboHelp Office and RoboHelp for HTML Help X4.1 to create a chm file. Yesterday, I started to get the following script error when viewing a particular help topic:

Line    2050

Char   2

Error   'null' is null or not an object

Code  0

URL    file://C:Help%20files/insphire%20Help%20-%20Corporate/ehlpdhtm.js

I get the error both when working on the file and using the 'view selected topic' option to view the topic you are working on and when I compile the help file and view the topic in the chm.

When I use a script editor to look at line 2050, it points to a 'text popup on load' function:

function kadovTextPopupOnLoad( el )

{

if( typeof(el) == "string" )

el = getElement(el);

var src = el.getAttribute( "x-use-popup" );

var bNeedMove=true;

if(!src&&el.id)

I have to say that this is a very long help topic. I've tried splitting the topic up in to 3 separate topics and the problem seems to go away.

Is there some sort of limit on the size of individual html files? Or is the problem something else entirely?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a trial and error problem, keep adding bits back in until it breaks. Then look at what you added or add something different. That should tell you what breaks it if it is some specific content that breaks or going beyond a certain volume. Somehow I doubt it is volume.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into an issue with this same file a while back. I just saved my file as backup_ehlpdhtm.js and regenerated WebHelp. RoboHelp recreated this file automatically. I tried this based upon the top of the file:
|
// eHelp® Corporation Dynamic HTML JavaScript
// Copyright© 1998-2003 eHelp® Corporation.All rights reserved.
// Version=5.0

// Warning:Do not modify this file.It is generated by RoboHELP® and changes will be overwritten.
|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp