• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer Script Errors in HTML Help

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 8 HTML. I create both WebHelp and Microsoft HTML Help. My operating system is Vista.

The WebHelp file will be directly called from the application software to allow users to access topic specific help.

The Microsoft HTML help is to be attached to my company's website to allow remote users to access our online help.

I have created a project and generated WebHelp. Everything works as designed.

However, when I change the output to Microsoft HTML Help, I get Internet Explorer Script Errors when I try to review the output.

The compiler seems to find exception with two specific lines, specifically, AddMasterBreadcrumbs and again, highlightSearch.

When I attempt to review the output, I can simply click No when queried if I want to continue running scripts on this page and display the HTML help. It works as it is designed. Naturally I would prefer my users won't have to click through a few error messages to get to the help.

If I comment these two lines out in the topics, I don't receive these errors.

Although my work-around will allow a user to open the project without seeing those Script Errors, I am concerned that it might be introducing errors that I haven't found yet.

Does anyone else experienced this type of error in producing HTML Help?

Does anyone know the reason this is happening and can they offer an actual solution (and not a workaround?)

Thanks so much!

10570Fan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got the help types the wrong way around? WebHelp is what you put on a server and HTML help (CHMs) are installed locally for access by a locally installed application. CHMs should not be run from a server and cannot be without some registry changes, there's an article about that on my site.

Check what is going to run from where and see the article. If you need to post back, screen shots of the errors would help. Please use the camera icon above to insert them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached one of the screen shots and I took the liberty of posting the htm file (so you can track the specific line numbers to which the error messages refer). The second error message is the same, except it refers to line 117.

I checked with the developers and they will use the WebHelp version. However, they are curious (as am I) why we get these error messages. Any suggestions you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

10570Fan

InternetExplorerScript8.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is covered in the troubleshooting tips on the RH HTML forum or the HTML Help forum. Look for mkitstore.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I've been through the forums you mention and haven't found anything specific. (Although I did find someone who had the same issue.)

Thanks for your help. I think I've convinced the developers that WebHelp is the way to go for our project.

10570Fan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp