• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Implement SSO using SAML, CF7, Windows, IIS for a site.It has own login procedure

Explorer ,
May 19, 2008 May 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to implement SAML(Security Assertion Markup Language) using CF 7 for implementing Single Sign On (SSO) solution in our website which has its own login authentication procedure.

Any suggestions as to which API or lib will suit us. We dont want to get into crazy stuff. We need something that is stable and doesnt need changes in CF environment or IIS or any architecture changes. Basically, we need a windows implementation.

As mentioned earlier, We want to implement SSO for our site which has its own login authentication procedure. We use CF 7 on Windows Server 2003 with IIS and SQL Server 2000 as the database.

FYI, SSO helps user to use same credentials to use any application across intranet or an application provided to you by a service provider i.e. a website. Example, you can login using your windows account and be able to use all other applications across the intranet or even internet with the same login credentials, hence the name single sign on.

Let me know if anyone has done SSO with SAML, CF 7 in windows environment.
I came across OpenSAML which looks like unix/linux implementation.

Will OpenSAML work for me?

Any suggestions for Windows implementation of SSO using SAML?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get ready to pull your hair out. We had this implemented via J2EE at our company by a consultant and it still gives us nightmares, but there probably easier ways to use SAML than the route we took. It enables a large bank to sign onto our system. Since I didn't do it I don't know much but this may be a good starting point:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation