• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set text color for "Related Topics" DTC?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use a Related Topics text Design-Time Control. The Font options let me set the font name, bold, etc., and underline, but not the font color. Is there a way to change the font color? Does it use a style like Expanding Hotspots do? Or can I add something manually to the code?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008
Hi, Margaret,

If it's any help, the colour is the fourth attribute that you can set for the Font property of the Related Topics command. For example:

<PARAM name="Font" value="Verdana, 8,,#339933, BOLD">

There's more information here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644677(VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644681(VS.85).aspx

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margaret

If you like, you may make the control hidden. Then you could make it work by selecting text and making the text a hyperlink. If you did this, you would have full control over the text appearance.

If that sounds like an approach you would like to take, post back and I'll flesh out the nitty gritty.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I could try this. I just can't fathom how the color is forced to be Blue and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it. It should be simple. So I'll try anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Margaret,

If it's any help, the colour is the fourth attribute that you can set for the Font property of the Related Topics command. For example:

<PARAM name="Font" value="Verdana, 8,,#339933, BOLD">

There's more information here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644677(VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644681(VS.85).aspx

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! This worked. I tried it before, but I guess I was fooled because the text stays blue in the WYSIWYG view. I may have had it in the wrong spot as well. I was searching all over for a page that explained these values. Thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Margaret

Indeed, I've always referred to the WYSIWYG view as being "RoboHelp's best guess at what your end user will actually see".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp