• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free trial version of FrameMaker 9

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a lot of trouble downloading the free trial version of FrameMaker 9. The support portal is unable to help me. The problem is after I download the product, the status on the "Akamai Download Manager" displays the status as "Finished".(I did this twice.) But there is no '.exe' file on my desktop; which I was told by the technical support team, that ought to have been displayed. I have Windows Vista and use Internet Explorer. What should I do?

Thank you,

Sujata.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download is in two parts: an .exe file and a .7z (7-zip) file.  IIRC, the .exe just unpacks the .7z file and starts the autorun. If you have the .7z file (almost 1Gb in size) then just unzip to a new folder and run the autostart or setup file found there.

Perhaps you specified a location other than your Desktop for the downloads to be placed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. You are right: it was on a different location!

I have another problem now. After installation when I tried opening it there

were 2 error messages on 2 different windows:

1. FrameMaker : pc=06915089 indx=31045 string usage error : invalid format

*2. Error : There are no fonts available on the printer. Cannot start

FrameMaker.*

What should I do?

Sujata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your system default printer to the AdobePDF printer instance. For regular production work with FM, it's recommended to install the SetPrint utility from Sundorne in order to have the AdobePDF as the default whenever FM starts. See: http://www.sundorne.com/FrameMaker/Freeware/setPrint.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.

Sujata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines