• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with click boxes and "show" action

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered what is likely a newbie problem but it is driving me crazy!

I have a slide where there are three titles. The user should click on each of these titles to reveal more information. After they have had time to read it all, they should click on a continue button to advance to the next slide.

I have placed a click box over each title with the "show" action attached. This all works fine, but when the user clicks the last title, they don't have time to read the info before the slide automatically advances to the next slide.

To try and fix this I placed another click box on the slide to pause things until the user clicked the continue button. This still does not work. I have tried everything I can think of. I did notice that if you click all of the click boxes really quickly, it seems to work (i.e. it pauses after the last click). But if you take time to read each one, it advances on it's own after the last one you click. It doesn't matter which order you click them in.

I am attaching my file if anyone has the time to check my settings. I will be so happy to learn what the heck I am doing wrong here!

(Slide #3 is the culprit). Thank you.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open your attachment, could you try again to upload?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have tried it again. I am using Captivate 4--could that be the problem with you opening it?

If you can open it this time. I am having the same problem with slide #6. it's a true/false slide that I made up myself as I need more customization possibilitie thant the quiz slides will allow. Once again, everything works as it should, but when the user uses a second attempt, the slide advances before the feedback can be read. This is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is not the version at all (use CP4 myself), I could not unzip the first file. The size is different in the second posting from the first, but now I get the message that the files are corrupt. It is strange that the file has two extensions: cp.zip.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm just attaching the file with the button below.Thanks so much for trying, though.

I received help off line that solved the problem, so I thought I'd post the cure here.

I had an additional click box that was very small and in an out of the way place to pause the program after other actions were made. However, it wasn't working. The problem was that I had to make the this click box (or it could be a transparent button) run just a little longer in the timeline then the three other click boxes. The default is 3.0 seconds and I shortened the three clickboxes to 2.8 seconds and left the fourth click box (the one that is supposed to pause until the user clicks the continue button) 3.0 seconds. This did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just made a tweak to your file. See what you think.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rick.

I see you have put in an advanced action--I'm not sure I understand what it does but everything works correctly. thank you very much. Could you explain what the action does when you have a moment?

Noelle

Noelle Tangredi

Educational Services

St. Joseph's Health Care London

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick

Could you show how you managed to get this to work (all that clicking without the slide moving on)

Thanks

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources