• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to always show full menus in RHhtml8?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - these should be a couple of slam dunks for the veterans in this group.

Just upgraded to RHhtml8. Two questions:

1. How do I set RHhtml8 to always show full menus? You know, there are the abbrev menus with the arrow at the bottom to show more. I always want to see them all. As a new user to RHhtml8, I am constantly hunting for the feature I want, and I always have to expand the menu because I don't know if it is currently hidden.
  2. What prompted question #1; how do I get the TOC pod to display? I have done it a couple times and can't remember how I got it to show. Now, I can't find it anywhere. It certainly isn't under View | Pods?
    1. Follow-up to the TOC mgr/pod; is there an easy way to get all the topics under one book to sort alphabetically in the TOC for final output? I think there used to be in a previous version such as 6 or 7.

Looking forward to the response cause these two are killing me.

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

#1 View > Toolbars > Customize > Options > Always Show Full Menus

#2 the TOC is under the Project Manager Pod, where all the folders are listed, HTML Files, Images, Multimedia, Styles etc etc, its just after the URLs section on the tree.

#2a, If you sort the files in the HTML Files folder in the Project Manager Pod to how you want them and then auto generate the TOC, or use the A-Z icon, but this will sort the entire contents on the HTML Folder by name, whether or not this is what you want......

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 View > Toolbars > Customize > Options > Always Show Full Menus

#2 the TOC is under the Project Manager Pod, where all the folders are listed, HTML Files, Images, Multimedia, Styles etc etc, its just after the URLs section on the tree.

#2a, If you sort the files in the HTML Files folder in the Project Manager Pod to how you want them and then auto generate the TOC, or use the A-Z icon, but this will sort the entire contents on the HTML Folder by name, whether or not this is what you want......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the menu bar > Customise > Options tab.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow me to ask a follow-up question.

Is there an auto-correct (aka auto-completion) feature in the RHhtml8 editor. Much like Word, etc.

For example, if I have a string of text that I often type in my help (e.g. the product name) can I create a shortcut for it (e.g. 'pn' = "Product Name v1.2") such that everytime I type 'pn', it gets replaced with "Product Name v1.2"?

T'would really save me some typing since I have converted form RHWord to RHhtml.

Thanks gurus,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Try MacroExpress or BKReplaceEm. The latter is free. MacroExpress has a long trial and is worth every penny/cent. It does much more than you are looking for now.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems I was wrong.

Tools > Spelling Options > Auto Correct.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic. Thanks for the update Peter.

Jeff J Jones

jjones@jonestc.com

719.687.9499-Home

719.205.5650-Cell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp