4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2009 12:56 PM by neve_m RSS

CF Flash forms

neve_m

I've built a few Flash forms in Dreamweaver and they only submit with the spacebar key, I can't find how to use the enter key to submit the forms? One is a really simple search field with a submit button, and I think users would likely want to just type and hit enter the way they would with a regular form.

Also the submit button in some forms is in a formgroup (hbox) under a few other fields and it is aligned to the far left, while the other fields are further over. I tried setting a left margin but that only stretched out the button. What's the best way to position it?

• 1. Re: CF Flash forms
          Adam Cameron. Community Member

Can you post your code, pls.

--

Adam

• 2. Re: CF Flash forms
            neve_m Community Member

This is one of them. Even if I tab over to the button the enter key doesn't submit it. Spacebar does.

<cfform action="" method="post" name="searchform" format="flash" id="searchform" timeout="180" height="250">
                  <cfformgroup type="tile">
                  <cfinput type="text" name="searchtext" required="yes" id="searchtext" width="150" message="You must enter text in the search field">
                  <cfinput type="submit" name="search" value="Search" id="submit" tabindex="0">
                  </cfformgroup>
                </cfform>

• 3. Re: CF Flash forms
              Daverms Community Member

Hi Nevesky,

Try this code, it works.

<cfform action="" method="post" name="searchform" format="flash" id="searchform" timeout="180" height="250">
                  <cfformgroup type="tile">
                    <cfinput 
                        type="text" 
                        name="searchtext" 
                        required="yes"
                        id="searchtext" 
                        width="150" 
                        message="You must enter text in the search
                        field" onKeyDown="if(Key.isDown(Key.ENTER)) {submitForm()}"
                    >
                    <cfinput type="submit" name="search" value="Search" id="submit" tabindex="0">
                  </cfformgroup>
              </cfform>
              • 4. Re: CF Flash forms
                neve_m Community Member

That works great, thank you so much! I looked everywhere for this. Much appreciated.