• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Populating WebHelp URLs with Keywords

Explorer ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to email a customer a list of all the topics where search keyword=campaigns:
http://help.marketbright.com/?search=campaigns

RoboHelp doesn't display this info in the URL.

Once I can learn how to make the URL display keywords, I can think of many clever things to do. For example, I can link to a group of error messages and FAQs, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of two ways of achieving this. Number one involved running the topic properties report, saving the output to a file and removing the topics not found in the list. The second involves doing a screen grab of the search results. Neither maybe exactly what you would like but they do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm lacking some background knowledge about RoboHelp. Why exactly doesn't RoboHelp provide the full path to files in its URLs? Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you after the URL of the topics when they are published on a server? This sort of info is not held in any help file regardless of whether it is generated in RoboHelp. There is no easy way around this that I'm aware of. Maybe of the Webhelp gurus out there can add something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like two things:

- I'd like RoboHelp's search engine to provide search results in a URL. If I use Google's search engine to look up all websites where RoboHelp=true, then I get this URL http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=RoboHelp&btnG=Google+Search.

- I'd like RoboHelp to always display the URL whenever it is launched in the help system. My Technical Support engineers often like to send customers links to specific topics. To get a topic's URL they must right-click on a topic in the TOC or TOC link, then open it in another window thereby getting the URL to that topic. This process is time- consuming.

Does this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
See if Snippet 38 on my site will help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp