RH8 - I get the right output but the wrong IE Tab Name

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one project which contains two manuals

1) System Parameters

2) Bank Management

I am using Conditional Build tags to generate each manual.

If I generate the System Parameters Manual, then I get the correct content in every detail.

However, the Internet Explorer Tab says Bank Management.

What do I need to change?

The htm file which is executed clearly shows:

<html>

<head>

<script language="javascript">

<!--

var sIcon="whstart.ico";

var sPath=document.location.href;

if (sPath.indexOf("http")!= -1)

document.write("<link REL=\"SHORTCUT ICON\" href=\""+ sIcon +"\">");

//-->

</script>

<title>Bank Management</title>     <--------------------------------------------------------------------

<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 8" />

<meta name="description" content="WebHelp 5.50" />

</head>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have posted in the WinHelp section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egh? You make reference to HTML so how can that be WinHelp? If your help is displaying in IE, then it must be WebHelp.

Please add a screenshot showing the problem. Insert it using the camera icon above.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry.

I panicked and for some reason thought I had posted in the wrong forum.

WebHelUntitled.jpgp is my Primary layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing there is the Project Title as defined in Project Settings. You need to amend that to something that will work with both outputs.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conditional build tags are not designed to control the tab title. You'll have to go to the File > Project Settings and I bet you have "Bank Management" in the Project Ttile field and change it there. You'll have to remember to change this for each conditional build.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to get up early to be infront of Peter and Colum. But as they say and as per my screen shot, you will need to change your title for each output you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed Peter and Colum both being on the other side of the great pond, they operate using different hours than we rebels (Americans) do.

I have a suggestion here in addition to their fine words. Please consider submitting a Wish Form to ask for the following functionality.

Allow us to specify what we see in the browser tab or title bar as an added ability in the Single Source Layout properties.

Link is in my sig... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it Mr Stone is "working" into the night with Mr Sullivan. Is Rock Bottom involved?

Isn't it around 2am where you are?

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, yeah. I'm in a hotel room and about to head back to bed. No Rock Bottom here as far as I know. Perhaps dinner with Mr. Sullivan after working tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have submitted a Wish Form.

Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp