• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeat Last Action?

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to FM9 and am wondering if this feature exists already (and I just don't know about it). Coming from MS Word, it has a great "repeat last action" function hooked up to the F4 key. As I've been selecting text in FM and applying a character tag over & over again, I began to wonder if there was a faster way. I used to use the pod to begin with, but now have resorted to just right-clicking to navigate to the character tags. A "repeat last action" would be great in this case.

TOPICS
Feature request , Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_Coatsworth wrote:

I'm fairly new to FM9 and am wondering if this feature exists already (and I just don't know about it). Coming from MS Word, it has a great "repeat last action" function hooked up to the F4 key. As I've been selecting text in FM and applying a character tag over & over again, I began to wonder if there was a faster way. I used to use the pod to begin with, but now have resorted to just right-clicking to navigate to the character tags. A "repeat last action" would be great in this case.

Not quite, but useful for your request:

* Tap and release these keys in sequence:

- Escape c c (lowercase c) repeat last font command

- Escape j j (lowercase j) repeat last paragraph command

Searching Google for "framemaker repeat last paragraph format shortcut" without quotes finds this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f7862b-7f70.html

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

FM doesn't have a general repeat last action command, however, you can repeat specific commands.

esc j j = repeat last paragraph related command

esc c c = repeat last font-related (i.e. character tag) command

esc e e = repeat last element command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great guys! This will really speed things up for

me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines