• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 7 and PowerPoint Animation Triggers

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Presenter 7 handle PowerPoint animation triggers? I just found out that Breeze Presenter 5.1 does not know what to do with them. I built an interaction in PowerPoint that worked just fine (using triggers) and when I ran it through Presenter 5.1 it didn't recognize the triggers so I couldn't click on anything.

And before you tell me to download Presenter 7, my time for it has already expired. This problem came up after I reviewed it.

Thanks,

Greg
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2009 Mar 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter 7 will recognize animations that are set to on-click for synchronization with the audio. As to creating animation triggers for some interaction within the PPT, that would need to be done with Flash and imported as a SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2009 Mar 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jorma. More proof that Presenter is utterly useless for developing interactive e-Learning. Time to check Articulate, Raptivity and Proform I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Well, that is true, it doesn't, strictly speaking, handle trigger animations. However you can often fake them using a little bit of creativity and some extra hidden slides. Powerpoint is a tool people already know how to use, and it would be nice if Presenter could use everything Powerpoint can do.

I did a tutorial on a workaround for the lack of trigger animations in Apple Keynote. Perhaps this same technique may be useful to you in some cases when using Powerpoint that is intended for Presenter or for any of the many other conversion tools that cannot convert the trigger animations.

Tutorial link

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellem1 I clicked on your tutorial link - which by the way, THANK YOU!!! I didn't see anything that actually said how to accomplish that in PPT, do you have any source for that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter is what it is. An Adobe product playing by Microsoft's rules. So long as you understand what it does and doesn't do, you will be fine. If you want animation triggers, use Captivate. It does everything PPT does and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per original question/answer regarding animation triggers. I was trying to create pop-ups in a PPT file published using Adobe Publisher 7.0.5. No go.

So it was suggested that I try hypertext links. The only way this works for me is to link to a page within the document, even though other "link to" options exist (Existing File or Web Page, Place in this Document, Create New Document and Email Addresses). I have tried to create existing files, web pages, pdfs (both plain old and published) in the same directory, in another directory. Still the only option that works is to a link within the same PPT file. That is fine for a single hyperlink and another link from that page going back to the origination page. But I wanted to create a link to the glossary that returns to WHERE EVER you came from. The "previous page" return link only takes you back to the page before the glossary, not like the "back" button on the web that takes you back to wherever your previous page was. Any suggestions? The only alternative I can think of is individual hard coded hyperlinks back to EACH page in the lesson, this would be pretty ugly visually though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources