Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help With E-mail submit button

Former Community Member

Hello everyone I am new to the Adobe LiveCycle Designer product and am currently using version 8.2. I have created a customer survey form for my company. When I designed the form I used a generic IT General response email address (itrequest@anyone.com) that works within the company. I noted I HAD to distribute the form in order to get the email function on the form to work.

I validated functionality, then went to change the email address from a generic user to the specific reciepiant email address. I did this just fine, however when you submit it, it goes to the generic one, like it never recognizes the change in email I did. Which BTW, I did re-distribute after the change to populate it.

Then being more puzzled I created a new blank form w/ just an email submit button set to a specific user email address, and I distributed it, sent it to a user to test for me, and it continues to send the form via email to the generic email address. I am making a guess here that there is something to do w/ my Distribute form settings causing it to default to the generic email address instead of the specific one I list in the form.

Can anyone please tell me how to check/validate/correct this?

I can send the form to anyone who wants to look it over, I am not sure about posting it in a public forum as it has internal email addresses located in it.

Thanks,

Sean

16 Replies

Level 10

Seems like cache issue.

Make sure that the option "Allow form rendering to be cached on server" is deselected.

This option is available under Form Properties -> Performance

Or delete cookies and temporary internet files of your system and try again.

-Nith

Former Community Member

Thanks for a response, for awhile there I didn't think I was going to get one at all... I tried the recommendations you posted, but they did not correct the problem. The email submit button is configured for user1@anyone.com and when distributed it goes to helpdesk@anyone.com . I have created new forms since placing only an email submit button in them for testing and configuring them to user1@anyone.com however once distributed it defaults to helpdesk@anyone.com . So basically ANY form that I create and distribute now goes to the helpdesk@anyone.com instead of the configured email address within the email submit button.

I know I can't be the first person to have this problem.....Please help if at all possible.

Former Community Member

Are you using an email submit button on the form or are you using the distribute functionality in Acrobat.com? Can you post the form so we can have a look?

Paul

Former Community Member

This is my first form and first experience w/ Livecycle. I have placed an em

ail submit button on the form itself, however it would not work after saving it, and opening it in reader. I read online and found it had to be "Distributed" via Livecycle for the email button to work. I distributed it to allow me to manage via my local email, saved a copy to my computer to manually distribute. I have attached the survey, and the distributed copy....

Thanks again for all the help you guys are providing, I really do appreciate it.

Former Community Member

Survey .pdf didn't seem to upload right, trying

again.

Former Community Member

The Cust_Survey.pdf form seems to work just fine. The other form has some script that was enbedded into it when you said you wanted to distribute it.

It is grabbing the email address from a setting in Acrobat.com (I think).

Paul

Former Community Member

Just got an email from you Paul, was it the distributed one that you used to send that? Also when you say the other one worked just fine, do you mean the non-distributed one processed an email to the specified account accordingly?

Thanks,

Sean

Former Community Member

Disregard the email ...I was testing. Yes the non-distributed one craeted an emaio for the email account specified in the email component in the form.

Paul

Former Community Member

so the non-distributed one actually designated the email to the proper account..... I wonder why I couldn't get it to work on my end?? Going to send to another internal employee to test as well (the non-distributed one).

Former Community Member

Well the other employee verified that the survey did in fact go to the correct person. I appreciate your help, even though I don't understand why when I do it on my machine it doesn't work......

That is really weird....

Former Community Member

document appears to work fine from another users machine.

Level 2

Hi,

experiencing the same problem with no solution. Each new form I produce in Livecycle takes always the same e-mail address (and e-mail's subject)... it seems it remembers the datas from a previous form.

I've tried to check it form the document properties, Livecycle properties and settings and from the identity on the adobe tracker but without success. Always the same.

How did you solve?

Luca

Former Community Member

Are you using the distribute form functionality?

Paul

Level 2

Yes, I am.

I have the same reault using the distribute now via acrobat (not acrobat.com), save and distribute later via mail.

Former Community Member

The distribute form functionality leverages the Acrobat.com site. Once you do that Acrobat.com will inject code into your form to return the results to the uid listed on Acrobat.com. Try changing your Acrobat.com settings. or do not use that functionality.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

it's not written anywhere that acrobat.com is involved in this procedure... it would be helpful to know...

Anyway, I need to distribute my form and surely have a double feedback: the filled form in order to print it and a report of the results in order to use it for successive applications (I need the DB of the answers to generate analysis). What do you mean when saying to change the settings? Which settings and from where in the application? Only thingh I've been able to do is to change ID in adobe tracker, but it wasn't useful.

Which could be the alternative method to realize my project without using the distribute function?

An other question: I'm sure I've red somewhere on a manual that I can put two addresses in the "mailto" button (just put them separated by a ";")

Actually the distribute function is not working; do you think in regular functioning this could be possible?

Thanks again.

Luca