• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying TOC pod in RH8

Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just installed TCS2 including RH8 (having previously used RH6). I can't find the TOC pod mentioned in the help to either create or maintain TOCs.

(Being cautious I'm using a small help project as a test to get everything up amnd running).

This leaves me dead in the water!!!

Please can anyone tell me how to do this?

I'd also appreciate any advice on opening existing projects wrt TOC issues as well.

Many thanks

Author care

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

From memory (as I haven't got my RH8 laptop here today) your TOC can be found inside the Project Set-Up pod with your index and glossary. If you double click on the default TOC, it opens in its own pod allowing you to chang it. As you add other TOCs, these also open in their own pod. In much the same way as the topics do. You just need to specify which TOC to use inside the properties of your single source layout. Obviously, the default TOC is specified by default.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutte

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From memory (as I haven't got my RH8 laptop here today) your TOC can be found inside the Project Set-Up pod with your index and glossary. If you double click on the default TOC, it opens in its own pod allowing you to chang it. As you add other TOCs, these also open in their own pod. In much the same way as the topics do. You just need to specify which TOC to use inside the properties of your single source layout. Obviously, the default TOC is specified by default.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum,

What foxed me was they talked about a pod but the TOC as you've so kindly pointed out was in the project explorer view.

Cheers

Author care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I sincerely hope everyone that encounters this will take the  time to log a bug with Adobe on this. As they refer to the TOC/Index/Glossary/See Also as pods, they should really have a place on the View > Pods menu, no?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

It's actually in Project Manager (not Project Set-up).

<rant> Yes, I hope they have this as a bug, or at least something to add as a Help topic. Very unhelpful to have help topics about how to create TOCs where the first step is "open TOC pod" but search as one might (I did for nearly an hour) - nowhere can an instruction be found about how to do that.

= - \   

</rant>

TOC1.jpg

Thank gawd for forums and the helpful people here = )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leisa

Use the Community Help commenting and add a comment to that topic saying that step one should continue "by double clicking the required TOC in Project Manager."

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - I did this - made a note in the Community Help, and then it was removed as being a 'feature request'. Arrggghhh.... heavy sigh. I tried. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked fine for me when I just added Peter's wording (didn't use the Community Help part though, just the public comments.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - important thing is to know it is there for the next person - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leisa

Your comment was "Until an update puts ALL 'pods' on the View menu"

I think that was read as amending the View Menu so that all pods are shown on it. That would be a feature request.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okee doke - live & learn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp