Exit

Cap 4 - Pre-load screen spammed by custom skin

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Cap4 on Vista.

Made some recordings and created a custom template for publishing. The template uses the Allumnium playbar. I created a grey box (of the same shade as the playbar) with the authors name and date of the same height of the playbar so it looks seamless.

I've named this template "template1" and is applied to all published movies. It displays fine once the movie is loaded.

The issue is when the movie is loading. For the first few seconds while it is loading, this custom grey box is spammed all the way up the movie page. It engulfs the entire page until the movie is loaded completely and then displays correctly.

I tried to add a loading progress bar but this just puts it in over the custom skin. I was hoping ideally for a plain white screen until the movie is loaded (it should take 5 seconds MAX to load these movies as they will be viewed over a LAN).

Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

Thanks for your help,

Eoin.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try clicking Edit > Preferences... > Project > Start and End. See that area for the Preloader? As it is enabled already, you should be able to click the ellipsis icon. Choose the image you want to use. I might suggest using a screen capture of the credits. Or, just turn off the preloader entirely, as you believe it should load very quickly.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've replaced that preloading screen with a static image of the first slide.

Thanks Captiv8r.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources