Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating Custom Content Types

Level 4

As the title suggests,  does anyone know how to create Custom Content Types in Adobe Livecycle Content Services ES?  I have looked far and wide across the www, and haven't had any luck with a straight forward, easy to follow, tutorial on the subject.  I have seen it for Actions and Aspects, but not Content.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Alex,

As you probably know, LiveCycle Content Services is based on an OEM'd and enhanced version of AlFresco. I found the following PDF for AlFresco content types: http://ecmarchitect.com/images/articles/alfresco-content/content-article.pdf

Hope this works for you.

Marc.

Level 4

Marc,

Thanks for your response.  I've spent the past couple of days trying to get it to work, but I still cannot figure it out.

According to all documentation I have found, I have modified the files I thought were the same as the Alfresco files:

C:\...\jboss\server\all\deploy\contentservices.war\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\extension

+ .\liveCycleContentModel.xml

Added the <types> tag above the <aspects> tag, and created my type as specified online and also in a book

Then I copied the web-client-config.xml to the extension folder and renamed as web-client-config-custom.xml and added the code to Content Wizards and Action Wizards to display it in the web ui.

Am I missing anything?  When I re-package the .war file and redeploy/restart JBOSS, my localhost:8080/contentspace is completely broken.  no login in or anything but workspace is still in tact.

Thanks for any further help,

Alex

Level 4

Marc,

Any more news on this?

Thanks,

Alex

Former Community Member

I've included a zip file that includes some working sample files with additional content types and metadata but more importantly, 3 batch files that will help you break apart and then package back up your Content Space ear file.  If CS does not deploy then it is likely the packaging of the ear file.

Be sure to edit each of the batch files to reflect the directories of your own system.

Level 4

Thank you for your response...I'm sure that this will prove to be helpful.  I'll let you know when I get a free chance to look at it.

Thanks again,

Alex