Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing toolbar button in RoboHelp

Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using RoboHelp X5 and generate my project in WebHelp layout.

I wanted to know if I can add my own tab as a toolbar button. When generating, you can select to show the Contents, Index, Glossary and Search tabs. I want to add my own tab with a navigation pane and TOC similar to the Contents tab? I can't seem to figure it our in v5. Is it doable in another version?

RH_tab.gif

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Definitely possible. You do it in the Skins editor. You have already been there or the button wouldn't be showing. All you need to do now is to edit the item and add in the static and the mouseover images.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I didn't expect such a speedy response.

I added the text. But how do I create a new navigation pane, with specific links, when I select the new tab? I would like it to look like the contents nav pane but with different links. I glanced at "Creating Your Own FlashHelp Skins" but don't know Flash at all. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/flashhelp_skins_print.html

Thanks.

I am a new user to RoboHelp and took over for someone who left a few months back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not possible.

You can only link to topics and external files (like pdf files, etc.). Perhaps if you expand on what you were hoping to provide in this navigation pane, we might suggest somethin.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted the new "doc" tab to have it's own TOC in the nav pane. I took your suggestion and linked it to a topic and it worked great.

Thanks Leon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry posted incorrectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp