Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Positioning footers at the lower edge

Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the online help, RoboHelp 8 now supports the positioning of footers in the masterpage. But I found no information how this is to be done. Normally footers are simply included after the normal topic body, i.e. middle in the page if the topic is short. Naturally, most folks would expect a footer to be positioned at the lower edge regardless of the topic lenght. Is there any way to accomplish this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In the RoboHelp universe, footers will always simply be placed immediately follwing the topic content.

To accomplish what you seem to be wanting, you would need to create a custom Frameset, where you would insert what you wanted to see in the Footer into the bottom frame of the frameset.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I recall using the CSS to position the footer to an absolute placement at the bottom. I tried the old trick in RH8 but it did not seem to work the way it did in my old X5 project. I´m gone from my workplace till thursday but will try to post the code then. Thanks for the feedback anyway, I had hoped that RH8 would incorporate some built-in solution (other than framesets).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the setting that I previously used in the CSS file to position footers at the bottom, sorry for the delay. It still works in RH7 but in RH8 it does not seem to do the job any more.

Anyway, FYI:

@media screen {

#footer {
        position: fixed;
  bottom: 0px;
        position: expression('absolute');
        top: expression(document.body.offsetHeight - this.offsetHeight + document.body.scrollTop - 2);
        left: 0;
        margin-left: 0;
        margin-right: 0;
        width: 100%;
        background-color: white;
}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This CSS does work in RH8, just not quite as I expected. The footer floats at the bottom of the window, but allows the user to scroll down to infinity. Any ideas on appending the footer to the end of every topic so it doesn't float over the text, but still appears at the bottom of the window no matter how short the topic is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp