Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 - IE 8 - Blank page

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Our developers finally linked the RH 7 Webhelp project to our application. We are using map ids to call the project (context sensitive help.) We tested the project with IE 8. When we have one topic open and move to another page and try to open another topic, we receive a blank page. This does not happen with IE 7. I noticed this thread which dealt with RH 8 - http://forums.adobe.com/message/1046329#1046329. Is there a fix for RH 7 & IE 8? I looked at Peter's website for Calling Webhelp, and I have sent the developers the link to his site. Am I missing some other information or is this a bug that I should report or ???

Thanks,

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your developers will find reference to this in the topics you have pointed them to.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry, but I don't understand. Do you mean the two articles that your website references for calling webhelp?

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you had pointed your developers to pages on my site and I was just confirming that those pages are what they need to read.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I checked with the developer about how he is calling the help. He said that he is using the method shown on your site. Here is what happens when using IE 8:

1. The first call to help opened a new window with the correct help topic displayed.

2. We left the window open and clicked the Help button again. The original help window became blank, and a 2nd help window opened.

3. We left both windows open and clicked the Help button again. This time, we received the error message: Access denied, whcsh_home.htm.

I'm mentioning this again because with IE 7, we don't have this problem. I can repeatedly click the Help button without closing the RH window, and I received the different help topics correctly.  Should I try replacing the whcsh_home.htm with the file you have on your site for RH8? Or is it only for RH8?

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a developer territory problem and I wish I could help you. We use URLs and the way our call works is open the first CSH topic and the help window appears on top. If left open and another CSH topic is called, it appears in the same window but it does not appear on top, the taskbar button has to be clicked. Not ideal but we have had to settle for that.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand. Thanks for trying to help!

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp