• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks disappeared (like too many others)

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How may I restore them from backup? Or, can I?

Mac 10.6.2, ADE 10.7.1.1085, the ebook is Apple Training Series: OS Support Essentials from PeachPit Press.

I've been asking Adobe Tech Support for 3 weeks, and the replies keep getting worse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarks are stored in the ~/Documents/Digital Editions/Annotations folder, backing up the folder will back up the bookmarks (and annotations -they are really just the same thing)

PS post case #'s if you don't like the response you are getting.  It is a lot easier to complain to our support group when we have specific instances to talk about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should the book then automatically 're-attach' the bookmarks? That isn't happening - I copy the book and annotations file into place, open the book, and nothing is there bookmark-wise. When I close out, the .annots file has gone from 164k down to 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If ADE can't find the bookmarks it will create a (nearly) empty bookmark file.  To solve this, quit ADE and then overwrite the bookmark with your saved version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I would have thought. in my case, I restore the .annot file from Time Machine, open the eBook, no bookmarks are there, then when I close, the annot file drops for 25k down to 4k.

I've repaired permissions, not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't work - I restore various versions from different date, none show the bookmarks, and all do revert back to the 4k file when closing. (Apple_Training_Series_Mac_OS_X_.annot is the name of the file, btw.)

I guess my only remaining question is whether I should trust ADE and my Mac enough to start over with new bookmarks?

TIA!

Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines