Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Limiting Numerical Boxes to specific Numbers

Level 1

I am trying to create a report card via form that only allows teachers to enter the numbers 1-4 within a box.  How do I do this??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

One option is to add a drop down list to your form with 1 to 4 as your List Items on the Object Field pallette.

Another way is to have javascript/formcalc behind a text field to validate the value entered.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

One option is to add a drop down list to your form with 1 to 4 as your List Items on the Object Field pallette.

Another way is to have javascript/formcalc behind a text field to validate the value entered.

Level 1

Is there any way to make the number visible but not the drop down arrow?  These will be printed and sent home and I don't want 30 drop down arrows on each page.  Any suggestions?  I've tried making the presence visible on print-only, but then it also eliminates the number value. Thank you for your help!

Level 2

Selecting the Presence as 'Visible' will only show the drop down on screen.  It will only print the value the user selects.  No drop down will print.

Level 1

Hey everybody, any thoughts on how to fix a print button that is set to Visible (Screen Only) but that shows up on the printed document anyway? The button does not show on Print Preview, but on the printed document it is definitely there.

Also, I am curious about the info in the thread below about concealing the drop-down arrow on a printed doc. I find that when I set the drop-down to Visible, the drop-down arrow DOES print.

Thank you!

Former Community Member

Can yo post your form so we can see what is happening.

Paul