Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dropdown box options misprinting

Level 3

In LC Designer 8,  I created a dropdown box, input numbers in the list items (Object / cell / list items) and then assgin them values (Object / bidding / value). I used these values to calculate a total. All seems to work out fine, EXCEPT:

When I print the PDF from prior to saving it, the values (numbers chosen by the dropdown) are visible and print just fine. But after I save the PDF form and then print it, or open it up again, all the values have changed to the bidding values, not the text (numerical) values chosen via the dropbox option.

Is this a weird flaw, or something I missed and hence can be corrected? Also to note, the values I entered for choices, are numerical values, the bindding values assigned are also (different) numerical values, ranging from 0.3 to 1.73. And here is the kicker - only the bidding values greater than 1.0 will display the orginal list items, the other ones (below <1 ....i.e.: 0.3, 0.67,etc) will display the bidding values... i.e.: .3, .67, etc.

Any advice and help will be much appreciated

Shai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hey Shai,

I noticed on value 99310 and value 99252 you have the same value specified (0.67). Therefore after you select 99252 from the list, it jumps back to 99310. They need to have unique values. Anyway, have a look at the form and tell me if its behaving the way you need it to. I just changed the binding on the lists from 'Normal' to 'None'.

Dallas

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Would it be possible for you to attach your form so we can see what is going on in terms of binding, settings and so on?

Level 3

Hi Dallas,

Sure. Please find form attached. Also note that I tried to save the document both PDF static and Dynamic, but both types yield the same results.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hey Shai,

I noticed on value 99310 and value 99252 you have the same value specified (0.67). Therefore after you select 99252 from the list, it jumps back to 99310. They need to have unique values. Anyway, have a look at the form and tell me if its behaving the way you need it to. I just changed the binding on the lists from 'Normal' to 'None'.

Dallas

Level 3

Excellent...

Thanks Dallas. That worked. nice....

Ok, So here is another one, same form.

How can I submit the form as a PDF file, when I hit the submit button, rather than an xml file? But using the submit button, rather the email button - I know rather trivial but thought I would ask.

Former Community Member

I added a new 'Submit PDF' button to the top of page 1. Is that what you need?

Level 3

Hi Dallas,

Thanks again - that's 2 for 2.

So I have one more interesting question. How can I bind data entered intot a form to MySQL database. I seem not able to build a connection.

So here are the steps I follow:

Binding / New Connection / Name: testdata ; Description: OLEDB database / Connection String: build: SQL Native Client / Data Source: location of the SQL database (.mwb) ; Log on to server: localhost

But when I test the connection I get an initialization error and login time out.

So my question is:  How do you connect the PDF fields to a MySQL database ? and what am I doing wrong ? Is it a feasable process to bind also check boxes and other fields to a database ? How would you bind data dynamically - say if I choose a certain field from a dropdown menu, certain other fields will populate via the database ?

Thanks again for all help and insight.

Shai

Former Community Member

Hey Shai. I'm afraid I have zero experience with connecting to DBs. I only work with XML schemas and XML. It might be a good idea to create a new post and just copy what you asked above in there. Perhaps somebody that has experience with DB connections will solve that problem for you.

Dallas

Level 3

Thank you Dallas for the help !

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----