• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the easier way to edit a captured slide?

Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a demonstration animation and there are several slides that need a little graphics editing.

So far, I have not found a way to automate the process of editing slides.

The only method I can determine is by selecting "Copy Background", then opening a graphics editor, pasting to a new window, edit accordingly, save the edited graphic background, import into the slide.

Isn't there anyway to edit inline?.. meaning, the background is automatically sent to your choosen graphics editor, you edit the graphic, click save/exit, and the graphics background is automatically updated. That is how Captivate 4's competitors do it.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shawn

It really depends on what exactly you need to do. For example, if all you want is an easy way to blot out some words, use a Highlight Box object at zero percent transparency. Then merge it into the background. Or maybe you need an image added in. Add the image separately and merge it.

Last week we needed to render an option button as unselected. In that case I just right-clicked and opened in Microsoft Paint. Duplicated another and overlaid the errant one. Closed and saved. Total update time from start to finish was less than two minutes.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shawn,

In addition to the suggestions of Rick for editing objects, there is an easy roundtrip to editing software.

Not only the CP-competitors do this, but it is the same in CP:

• I search the background in the Library (CTRL-ALT-F or Quick Menu on the slide)
  • use the right mouse button on the Background in the library
  • choose 'Edit with ....' if you have some graphical software linked (I do use Photoshop, only have to use CTRL-U)
  • when you are finished save and you will be returned to CP.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick and Lilybiri!

Lilybiri,

That is exactly what I tried (even did it again just a moment ago)....

I right-click on the background in the library and select "edit with .... "  (in this particular case, I am using Paint.net), I edit the graphic, save it, but no change is made.

What am I doing wrong?

I will try with Photoshop when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shawn,

Just tried the workflow again (roundtrip to PS, I'm using CS3 but it worked also with a trial version of CS4). Just to add to the described workflow: if I do not want to save the file in PS, but only want to adapt the background in CP (format BMP), I do not choose Save in PS, but Close. You will be asked confirm the changes. This is one of my favourite improvements in CP4, certainly because I'm using PS since years. But it should work also with other graphical software, I think.

Just hope I have been able to prove at least for this feature that CP is not worse than his concurrents (I'm not an Adobe employee, but after comparing different solutions, got addicted to CP and try by introducing feature and bug requests to stimulate the CP-team to go steadily on with improvements).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources